Last updated: 10 August 2019
Definitions: ‘the Website’ means the website https://www.nanavarna.com. ‘We’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘NanaVarna’ means the owner and administrator(s) of https://www.nanavarna.com and any subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, agents or assigns. ‘You’ means either you as a user / subscriber or a contributor or both of the Website. ‘Contributor’ means any person who submit or supply his/her ‘Content’, post, edit, publish it through the Website. ‘Content’ means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you as a ‘Contributor’ post or submit us or the Website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, the Website.
Thanks for your interest in becoming NanaVarna’s Guest Contributor! We are always on the lookout for contributors who can educate our audience and create awareness on a wide range of topics and categories by submitting their content.
You may need to register with NanaVarna to post content on the Website.
NanaVarna is an initiative to portray our beautiful, rich and unique culture of Bharat (India) and how it’s uniqueness and importance is revealed in our today’s life in many forms – be it Family Values, Health & Beauty, Education, Parenting, Festivals, Lifestyle, Music, Dance, Art & Crafts, Cookery, Ancient India, Social Responsibility or Mysticism!
The core objective of NanaVarna is to build a platform for everyone to come together to contribute something to bring out the values of our culture so that every family can learn, understand and transform them to future generations.
More than just text based blogs, NanaVarna has a wide range of contents in the form of Videos, Infographics, Case Studies, Checklists, Interviews, Memes, Photo Gallery, Slideshows and so on.
As our intention is to offer something to every member of a family across all age groups, we have formulated the contents profound and colourful. Some examples are Stories for children, Crafts for kids, Natural ways to stay in health, Unique Indian recipes,Traditional beauty tips, Inspiring quotes, Exploring tourism, Enhance family values, Improving relationship, Studying heritage etc.
We accept content on the following (or related) categories:
Festivals, History, Temples, Music, Dance, Ancient Wisdom, Spirituality etc
Parenting, Cooking, Personal Finance etc
Health & Beauty
Diet & Nutrition, Fitness, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Family Health, Natural Remedies, Weight Management
Beauty, Food, Recreation, Travel, Fashion, Adventure
Arts & Crafts
Antiques, Collectable, Crafts, Do-it-yourself
Comic Books, Teen Life, Cartoons, Puzzles & Games
General, Mathematics, Science & Technology
Bridal, Pregnancy & Baby, Women’s Interests
Men’s Interests, Automotive, Sports
We DO NOT encourage content on the following categories:
Religious or belief system, Cricket, Movies and Politics
Overview of your content
- Your content should reflect the core objectives of the Website.
- Content should be in English
- Should be between 800-1000 words in length (for text based contents)
- Content can be in the form of text, images, audio links or video links. Other forms are not accepted.
- Your content should be a your own original, well-written and free of grammatical errors.
- If you submit any image, audio, video etc., make sure they are free from any copyright restrictions.
- Cite any quotes, data, images, or third party content used.
- For Guest Posts, two do-follow and social media links are allowed.
- Self-promotional content won’t be accepted. However, you can have two do-follow links to your website/blog in the content and your social media links on the author bio. This is applicable only for Guest Posts. For Paid Contents / Posts, one email link is allowed on the author bio.
Format of your content:
- Any text based post or content will have title, excerpt and body. All three sections are mandatory. Optionally, you can use subheadings, lists, images and short paragraphs to chunk texts.
- Post title: Title should be clear and descriptive and each word in the title should be capitalized.
- Bold any headings, subheadings and net worthy points
- Capitalize the first word of a bullet point.
- Punctuate your quotes. “This is how you would punctuate a quote.”
- Conclusion: Title your conclusion however you like, as long as it neatly wraps up the post and recaps all points in the body of the post.
- All parts of your contents must be SEO optimized.
- Establish your main idea and provide supporting evidence. Identify credible research and sources to bolster your arguments. Linking to these takes your post beyond the realm of pure opinion and gives it practical value.
- Integrate your unique perceptions into your post, and let them be conversational. At the same time, keep in mind that you’re also writing to showcase your knowledge as a thought leader, so don’t be overly casual.
- Review your draft multiple times, eliminating excess words such as adverbs and adjectives each time.
- Limit the use of parenthetical phrases.
- Once you have submitted your content, we will start the review process.
- During the reviewing process, you may be requested to modify your content, if needed and re-submit your content on the Website. Finally, we will review and may edit and do minor amendments, as required. Once it is approved, your post will be published on the Website.
- It may take up to 3 working days for us to review your post.
- For the purpose of enhancing the quality and value of the content, we may edit, include or exclude some parts of your content before or after it is published on the Website.
- Published contents / posts by us cannot be re-posted anywhere else.
- Submission does not guarantee publication. We are under no obligation to use your submission and reserve the right in our sole discretion to refuse to publish your post or delete your content from our website at any time without notifying you.
- Unapproved / unpublished contents/posts will be removed from our website / database.
Correct your errors
- If you notice any factual error in your post after it has been published, you must contact us within 24 hours and describe about the error(s) to be fixed. We will edit or update your content in case of any minor editorial corrections such as spelling or grammar.
- But, if you want to make substantive changes, you may submit new content and we may publish it after reviewing it. However, in the interest of transparency, at the bottom of your post, you must leave a note to readers that an earlier version of the post had an error that has been corrected. Note: if a correction/retraction is due to a legal complaint of defamation, then the correction/retraction must be posted in as prominent a location as the defamatory content.
You are independent.
- By submitting an article to us, you are an independent contractor, not an employee or not associated with the Website. You agree that you are not entitled to, and do not expect, monetary or other compensation for the content that you submit. In case we wish to make payment for your content, it is solely at our discretion. You will be notified on such circumstances via email and we require your written consent on the same as a sign of agreement.
- By submitting an article for publication on the Website, you agree to the terms set out below. They are part of ‘Contributor Guidelines’ and may be updated from time to time and apply to all contents that you submit to us. If you do not agree to any of these terms, please do not submit your posts.
These terms are part of ‘Contributor Guidelines’.
Submit proper posts
You represent to us that any content you submit
- is your original content or properly licensed content that you have the express right and permission to license to us;
- is plagiarism free
- does not infringe or violate any law, rule or regulation or the rights or any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off or intellectual property rights of any person or entity (or encourage anyone else to do so) and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).;
- does not constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- does not constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- does not in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- does not in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- is not blasphemous;
- does not in breach of official secrets legislation;
- does not in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- does not depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner;
- does not consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, inflammatory, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- does not constitute spam;
- does not cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
- does not infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
- is not objectionable, untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- is not offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory, defamatory, threatening, indecent, obscene, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit, pornographic, harassing, hateful, libelous or malicious or racially or ethnically offensive;
- is not an advertisement or solicitation of business or contributions; or
- is not otherwise against the interests of NanaVarna or our users as a whole.
Without prejudice to our other rights under these Terms, if you breach any provision of these Terms in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these Terms in any way, we may edit, unpublish or delete any or all of your content. We may also deactivate and delete your account without notice.
You own your submissions, but we retain the rights to use them
You own the copyright to your submitted content and you are solely responsible and liable for all information provided in your content/post. You are solely responsible and liable for all information provided in your content/post. They do not necessarily reflect the views of NanaVarna. You are accountable for any omissions or errors and we do not assume any liability or responsibility for them.
However, by submitting any content on the Website, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual license to exercise all rights under copyright law with respect to such content, which we may reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate, distribute your content (along with your name and identifying features) on the Website and other existing and future media, as well as for marketing and promotional purposes, online or offline, in any medium and mode of delivery. You hereby waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law; and you warrant and represent that all other moral rights in your content have been waived to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
You do not own copyright to any of the contents (for example graphics, videos, images etc.) that we include or attach to your post before or after it is published.
NanaVarna offers a forum for your ideas, expressions and discussions, but is made available to you “as is” and on an “as available” basis and without any guarantee of the results based upon the publication of your post and is subject to changes and could temporarily or permanently be suspended without notice to you, and without guarantee that it will operate free of errors, viruses, bugs or service breakdowns.
We have the right (but not the obligation) to not publish/remove any or all of your article/posts that fail to comply with the ‘Contributor Guidelines’ , or for any other reasons, at our sole discretion, without notice to you.
Complaints and Inquiries/Choice of law
If you violate any of the ‘Contributor Guidelines’, or we receive an inquiry or complaint about your post, you agree that you are responsible, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, for all resulting claims and liabilities.
These Guidelines are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Guidelines and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Victoria, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. These Guidelines shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
These Guidelines make up the entire agreement between you and us and cannot be changed unless NanaVarna agrees to it in writing.
Amendments to Contributor Guidelines
We may amend the Contributor Guidelines posted on the Website from time to time at our sole discretion. You may find the last updated date under the title of this document. Your continued access or use of the Website or Services constitute your acceptance of the amendments. Your access and use of the Website and Services will be subject to the most current version of the Contributor Guidelines, rules and guidelines posted on the Website at the time of such use. Please regularly check the link on the home page to view the most current version of Contributor Guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Contributor Guidelines, kindly write to us at: email@example.com